- Get to the game fast! Rideshare service in effect for Worlds
- #IIHFWorlds Volunteer meets Almost 300 persons meet at Parc Asterix
- Paris awaits you French fans got glimpse during French Cup final
- See you in 2017! Players and fans hope to see you in 2017
Schedule & Results
- Asterix: The Hockey Way At the 2006 Olympics, the Swiss had an historic 2-0 win over Canada. They smothered their foes like the fondue that covers part...
- Official song introduced The official song of the 2017 IIHF Worlds is "Playground" by Germany's global music export CASCADA. Singer Natalie Horler named...
- Canada names first players Hockey Canada confirms the first 18 players on the 2017 IIHF Ice Hockey World Championship roster.
- Worlds in Paris in... 1951 The last time Paris hosted the IIHF Ice Hockey World Championship was in 1951. The Lethbridge Maple Leafs representing Canada w...
The 16 teams are divided into two groups for the Preliminary Round.
The top-four ranked teams of each group advance to the quarter-finals that will be played cross-over. The first-place team in each preliminary-round group plays the fourth-place team of the other group, while the second-place team plays the third-place team of the other group. 1A-4B, 2A-3B, 1B-4A, 2B-3A. The winning teams advance to the semi-finals.