- Good times for Grubauer German goalie stepping up with Washington
- A league of their own IIHF Hall of Fame names 20th induction class
- Let’s meet in Paris in 2017! An exceptional show is waiting for you in May
- See you in 2017! Players and fans hope to see you in 2017
Schedule & Results
- Three countries run for 2021 Two bids, three countries. The 2017 IIHF Annual Congress in May in Cologne will decide who will host the 2021 IIHF Ice Hockey W...
- Two countries for 2017! Germany and France will face each other in various tournaments before they will welcome the world together as hosts of the 2017...
- IIHF trophy in Paris On Saturday January 2nd, 2017, the competition’s mascots presented to the Eiffel Tower’s visitors the trophy of the 2017 IIHF I...
- Only 500 tickets left Ticket demand high as ever at start of the year – fourth game day at 2017 IIHF Ice Hockey World Championship close to sell-out.
The 16 teams are divided into two groups for the Preliminary Round.
The top-four ranked teams of each group advance to the quarter-finals that will be played cross-over. The first-place team in each preliminary-round group plays the fourth-place team of the other group, while the second-place team plays the third-place team of the other group. 1A-4B, 2A-3B, 1B-4A, 2B-3A. The winning teams advance to the semi-finals.