On top of the Eiffel Tower
On top of the Eiffel Tower
Ice rink to be installed on Paris landmark
The Conference took place on Thursday in the prestigious Gustave Eiffel Lounge, located on the first floor of the Eiffel Tower in Paris, in the context of the recent release of Day Tickets to the general public.
In this cozy reception area with its exceptional location and breathtaking view over Paris, the Local Organizing Committee from Paris invited many media representatives so they were able to find out more and ask questions about the largest annual winter sports event in the world. Present on stage and to answer the questions, special guests and officials took part in this Press Conference.
Present on stage were:
- Franz Reindl: President of the German Ice Hockey Federation, President of the 2017 IIHF Ice Hockey World Championship Organizing Committee and Member of the IIHF Council
- Henriette Reker: Mayor of Cologne
- Jean-François Martins: Counsellor and Deputy Mayor of Paris for Sport and Tourism
- Luc Tardif: President of the French Ice Hockey Federation, Vice-President of the 2017 IIHF Ice Hockey World Championship and Member and Treasurer of the IIHF Council
- Patrick Karam: Vice President of the Regional Council of Ile-de-France
- Anne Yannic: Executive Director of the Eiffel Tower’s Operating Company
- Dave Henderson: Head Coach of the French national team
The different speeches were the opportunity to remind everyone of the common desire for the two organizing countries to achieve a successful event, with both short-term and long-term results. Officials from the Town Hall of Paris, Cologne and the Ile-de-France region also put forward the importance of such sporting events for the local development and to promote the interest in sport in a sustainable manner.
Furthermore, very special news were announced by the Executive Director of the Eiffel Tower’s Operating Company, Anne Yannic.
From mid-December 2016 until mid-February 2017, Parisians and visitors of the French capital will be able to enjoy a 2017 IIHF Ice Hockey World Championship themed ice rink, located 57 metres above the city of Paris, by going to the first floor of the Eiffel Tower! Fun activities to discover the fastest team sport in the world will be on offer. Open to all, skates will be graciously made available to the public, as well as all the necessary equipment to take part in the different activities in this little arena.
Already 30 per cent of the tickets for the event in Cologne, Germany, and Paris, France, have been sold. Don’t forget to find out more information about the competition, the calendar as well as the day tickets and packages for the 2017 IIHF Ice Hockey World Championship on the official website www.iihfworlds2017.com.
Back to Overview